OMG!!! I just about flipped out of my chair when I saw the Boppy Teething Scarf ad for the first time! First, it’s the Boppy brand so you know it is good and completely baby safe. Next, it is a product that has multiple purposes which I LOVE. And Lastly, it is a teething toy that is made for mom to wear, another one of my favorite things (check out my teething jewelry overview here). Naturally I made puppy dog eyes at the hubby and promptly ordered it up. So here it is, my completely unbiased review… somewhat unbiased review, because clearly I was in love with the product before getting it.
What is it?
The Boppy Teething Scarf is an awesome mix of infinity scarf and teething jewelry for mom. It is made of a very soft, very breathable polyester blend. The material is doubled over to make the loop for the scarf so, while it is lightweight, I feel like it would keep you relatively warm in the fall, probably not warm enough for Midwest winters though. The loop is about a foot wide if you stretch the fabric out and maybe about two feet across the loop, long enough to wrap around your neck twice. I ordered the gray and white stripe which is super trendy right now and the gray is a nice medium heathered color.
The teething ring is then the “connector” to make the scarf an infinity scarf. It is about the size of a chunky bangle bracelet and is made of food grade silicone. On mine the teething ring is the same color gray as in the scarf (but I think it varies with the different color combos available).
Like I previously stated, I was pretty much in love with it before getting it and once it was in my hands I still loved it so lots of pros here, but there are a couple things left to be desired.
- The fabric is soooooo soft. I want to snuggle it so your know baby will love snuggling it.
- Really trendy color combos
- Versitle- it’s a scarf, teething toy, makeshift blanket or nursing cover and shawl all in one
- Makes a great, practical gift for moms
- Trustworthy and safe company
- Teething ring is made of softer silicone which is good for teethers of all stages
- I really would love to see a cotton/organic version since I know polyester is not good for many especially sensitive skin babies
- The teething ring is pretty chunky. It might be hard for little babies to really get their mouth around it to be able to chew.
Go buy one. Seriously. The second I put it on my daughter was ALL OVER IT. Rubbing her face on it, biting the ring, playing peek a boo in the scarf. It is such a big win for Boppy. Plus, it is really cute. I can easily see myself wearing it as an accessory far past the teething phase of my kiddo’s life. It’s available pretty much anywhere you can buy Boppy products, and at a relatively affordable price so no excuses!
Buy it on Amazon for the best price HERE.